GRE Test Prep Workshop
Dates: October 12, 2019
Meets: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: ETSU Gilbreath Hall 305/306
Registration Fee: $85.00 *Rates may vary (Please see Fees tab below)*
This course is open to non-ETSU students and current students. ETSU's School of Graduate Studies and the Office of Professional Development in the School of Continuing Studies will offer a day-long workshop to assist prospective graduate school applicants to prepare for the Graduate Record Examination.
Participants in the workshop will receive morning coffee, lunch and five hours of instruction on the Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing Measures of the GRE. They will also take three half-hour practice tests, receive scores for those tests along with advice on improving their scores.
When signing up, if you are a current ETSU student, please add your E# to ID field and put last date as a student at ETSU, or indicate if you have not been a student at ETSU.
Subjects covered in the workshop will include:
- Test-taking strategies for the new GRE
- Resources to prepare for the exam
- Score scales and timing for the three measures
- Reading comprehension questions
- Select-in-Passage questions
- Text completion questions
- Sentence equivalence questions
- Analyze Issue essays
- Analyze Argument essays
- Use of prompts in the analytical writing measure
- Quantitative Comparison: Greater than/less than, comparing the sizes of parts of geometric figures
- Algebra: Recognizing graphs of functions, evaluation of functions
- Geometry: Areas of regions, lengths of geometric figures, angles
- Data interpretation: Reading graphs, interpreting tables, bar graphs, and pie charts
- Word problems: interpretations and strategies
No refunds will be processed within 72 hours of the program's date and time.
Please provide E# if ETSU student. Registration fee includes all-day workshop, coffee and lunch.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 85.00|
ETSU Gilbreath Hall 305/306441 Stout Drive
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614
|10/12/2019||Saturday||8 AM to 5 PM||ETSU Gilbreath Hall 305/306|